I have actually been enjoying taking photos again and I want to continue cultivating that love by using the photos I take. Last night’s chasing the sunset episode was a practice I started years ago and it usually disappears when I am not in the greatest emotional spaces which is exactly when it should be a heightened priority.
The thing is, when I live inside a deepening depression, I have a tendency to not notice it and basically not notice much. There are bits of the happier version of me that leak out, but usually the “real me” is underground, buried by a morasse of apathy I can’t even recognize.
Last night I slept for nearly eleven hours, which normally I would take as a sign of deepening depression but in this case I see last night’s sleep as a time of healing. I have been sleeping shallowly because I have had stress and nervousness so close to the surface I couldn’t get a good sleep.
So for now I am celebrating my own Sleeping Beauty slow reawakening.
Hey, the fact I referred to my experience as a sleeping beauty is another positive.
If it wasn’t so hot right now I would say the sun is shining again.
Instead, I’ll say… I’m feeling better, inch by inch by shiny happy-tear stretched inch.
# # # # #
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (find it at Jana's Thinking Place).
- Link up your post there, too.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Please stay in touch: Follow me on Twitter: @JulieJordanScot
Be sure to "Like" WritingCampwithJJS on Facebook. (Thank you!)
And naturally, on Pinterest, too!