What is more perfect than sitting on a beach when the temperature is absolutely perfect and you have absolutely nothing on your agenda?
This is what I had last week. I was able to take random photos of random things including this one:
Here is where you begin to stretch and grow into your creative breakthrough:
- 1. Set your timer on your phone or computer for five minutes.
- 2. Open a new document using word or notepad.
- 3. Ask yourself a question about something that has been perplexing you creatively lately. This may be about your work or about a relationship or about a project or your parenting or gardening – literally anything.
- 4. Turn the timer on as you gaze at the photo for five minutes. Put all your thought on the image and if your mind wanders away, simply ask yourself the same question. Repeat as necessary. (*smile*)
- 5. When the timer goes off, reset the timer for five minutes and write whatever comes into your mind, free flow stream of consciousness style, for five minutes. Nothing matters except you continue to dive deeper into the question. Perhaps the image will come into your response in some way, perhaps not.
- 6. When the timer goes off again, take a deep breath and relax. You may close your eyes as you feel gratitude for any discoveries you may have made. If you haven’t made any obvious discoveries instantly, go about your day as planned and see what comes up tomorrow morning when you wake up.
- 7. Celebrate Your Creative Breakthrough! You are ready to take action now!
Please stay in touch: Follow me on Twitter: @JulieJordanScot
Be sure to "Like" WritingCampwithJJS on Facebook. (Thank you!)
And naturally, on Pinterest, too!