Sometimes when I start writing I begin with a bit of quote collecting for inspiration. Today as I was working to squeeze the most oomph from one "writing period" of two hours, I realized I could use this practice as a completely separate blog post. My topic: LUCKY -
I started to only feature women's quotes but then decided I didn't want to be exclusive so I added some quotes from men as well. Normally quote compilations are roughly 80% or more male, so here we are 70% female, 30% male.
So, thanks to another participant in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and one of my partners-in-blogging I have never been in touch with until today, Jacqueline Garwood (find her on twitter here) , wrote this blog post about... luck and power.
- “Life is not easy. We all have problems-even tragedies-to deal with, and luck has nothing to do with it. Bad luck is only the superstitious excuse for those who don't have the wit to deal with the problems of life. ”
― Joan Lowery Nixon
- “Listen Harry, your'e not a BAD person. You're a very good person, that, bad things happen to.”
― J.K. Rowling
- “That is life, isn’t it? Fate. Luck. Chance. A long series of what-if’s that lead from one moment to the next, time never pausing for you to catch your breath, to make sense of the cards that have been handed to you. And all you can do is play your cards and hope for the best, because in the end, it all comes back to those three basics.
Fate. Luck. Chance.”
― Kelseyleigh Reber
- My idea is this: the artist is extremely lucky who is presented with the worst possible ordeal which will not actually kill him. At that point, he's in business: Beethoven's deafness, Goya's deafness, Milton's blindness, that kind of thing.” – John Berryman
- “Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck.”
― Lori Myers
- “Learn to recognize good luck when it's waving at you, hoping to get your attention.”
― Sally Koslow
- “Luck is not as random as you think. Before that lottery ticket won the jackpot, someone had to buy it.”
― Vera Nazarian,
- “Concentration attracts luck factor.”
― Amit Ray
- “Here's the thing about luck...you don't know if it's good or bad until you have some perspective.” - Alice Hoffman
- “Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known. ” Garrison Keiller
Here's what you can do besides just read this and forget it in five minutes. Take the quotes which speak to you the most and open a blank document. Make it into a writing prompt for a future blog post, essay, poem, or email to a friend. Use what you've discovered here and you may just become more lucky as a consequence.
Happy Blogging & Word-love to you!
Be sure to "Like" WritingCampwithJJS on Facebook (THANK YOU!)
© 2012 by Julie Jordan Scott
Julie Jordan Scott has been a Life & Creativity Coach, Writer, Facilitator and Teleclass Leader since 1999. She is also an award winning Actor, Director, Artist and Mother Extraordinaire. She was twice the StoryTelling Slam champion in Bakersfield. She leads Writing Camp with JJS & this Summer will be traveling throughout the US to bring this unique, fun filled creative experience to the people wherever she finds the passion & the interest.
Did you enjoyed this essay? Receive emails directly to your inbox for Free from Julie Jordan Scott via the Daily Passion Activator. One inspirational essay and poem (almost) every week day. Subscribe here now -
Subscribe to DailyPassionActivator
Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com