I don't remember the first time I saw 8Things, but I am grateful I rediscovered it this week. I waited and waited for the prompt to appear - and was so glad to have the opportunity to join in the fun of gathering up intentional memories and sharing them here.
Here is how this week's prompt is worded:
What makes your family get-away iconic?*8Things: Family Cabin list and take a walk down memory lane.
Here is our list:
1. Rod's Whip-O. It is a strange brand of whipped cream in a bottle. For whatever reason, it has become a dessert staple or between meal snack when someone may be found, spraying Rod's Whip-O straight into the mouth.
2. Knock-Knock jokes. They are legendary around the dinner table. At times, the only part of the joke we get out is "knock knock!" before we all start laughing hysterically which I am sure confused the brave ones who became in-laws after sharing family time at the "family cabin."
3. Notebooks. We are a writing family.
4. Books. See above. We read, too.
5. An "electronics box"... this is actually for MY family, as in the one I am raising, we keep ONE box to store chargers, etc so that things won't get lost.
6. Old fashioned AAA guidebooks and maps. Forget GPS, we go old school when we go "to the cabin."
7. Round stuff: balls, balls, balls and accessories that go with balls. The family is frighteningly competitive and it extended into sports.
8. Mom's brownies. No trip may be experienced without Mom's brownies.